This program suits any Learning and Development professional keen to ‘re-think’ learning by leveraging xAPI. Activity stream technology runs the big data world and xAPI is activity stream tech for learning.
Over the course of a two day workshop, participants will:
1. Explore the immediate and potential benefits of xAPI
2. Evaluate an xAPI ‘Use-case’
3. Practice reading & writing ‘human-readable’ xAPI activity statements
4. Explore xAPI vocabularies (already in use)
5. Identify what questions xAPI data needs to answer (start with the end in clear view)
6. Write xAPI activity ‘statements’ to help answer the questions
7. Critique questions & companion xAPI activity statements (written by others)
8. Identify potential activity statement providers in your workplace
9. Unpack the components of an xAPI learning ecosystem
10. Learn how to get the most out of a Learning Record Store
11. Explore how to use analytics & visualisations to create answers to questions
12. Identify ‘open source’ ecosystem options
13. Create an xAPI ‘shopping list’ and roadmap.